Followers

Who is Smiling Pug?

My photo
Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
"I am a happy pug therefore.... I am a smiling pug"! My mum is called Smilingpug... after me! Because of her love of animals and nature, she is a Buddhist and a vegetarian (thank god). She is most inspired by the Dalai Lama. We live on the West Coast of Canada and I share my home with my two older feline sisters Tika and Kizzy and my NEW little brother Sam Cooper who... is all the way from MidSouth Pug Rescue in Tennessee!! I am 11 and I don't walk to well anymore, but that doesn't mean I don't get around! Welcome to my blog.

Follows Me on Facebook!

Feeling nosey? Sniff my Butt.

We support Midsouth Pug Rescue. Don't Shop, Adopt!

Monday, November 15, 2010

Betty 12/22/07-11/14/10

OMD I found out last night that my friend Betty passed. Mum is so sad she can't pull it together to helps with the post. We stopped by the smush faces blog and left a comment much like what Mum has posted belows....

Within our tight knit blogging community we make friends, share stories, laugh together and cry together. We are there for each other through the joys and sadness that comes along with having our hearts touched by a special furry friend.


So tonight the community sheds tears of sorrow at the sudden loss of Betty.
She is physically gone.... but her soul remains and she is never forgotten.


There are two things we liked as we read all the comments and posts regarding Betty.

The first was Melissa and Emmitt. They donated to the FRBN in memory of Betty. 
Mum thoughts this was a fantastic ideas. (If you click here it will takes you right to the donation page)

The second thing was over at Wilma's blog. She and Bridgette and Sluggo have lighted a candle in memory of Betty. 


If you click here this will takes you right to the group and you can light your own candle for her and leaves a prayer message. There are quite a few candles burning for her already. We really liked this idea too.

ok now Mum has to say somethings...

These are just two examples of how the community is remembering Betty. You may choose one of these ideas or you may choose your own special way. Tonight we are all remembering Betty in our own way. We send prayers to Shannon at the smush faces.

Because of the friendships we have built through this community..... we are always there for one another.

6 comments:

  1. I am so sorry about Betty. I went and lit a candle.

    Licks,
    Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful post, Winston!

    We are so sad about Betty too...but we also just love how our little community has all come together with kind words and gestures.

    We're sending you a big big (((((HUG))))) across the miles!

    Love,
    S-Dog (and Laura)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The momma and I just crushed by Betty's passing!!! We are going to light a candle and do a post for her tonight!! Our thoughts and prayers are with the Smushies!!

    ~Hugs~

    Lilo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was such a sweet post, Winston. We are still leaking. Not for Betty, because we know she is ok now. But for her family and their grief.

    I am off to light a candle.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, nose, so sorry! :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mom person is going to light a candle. So sorry for the loss of your friend.

    Nubbin wiggles,
    Oskar

    ReplyDelete

Count down until our Mum's Birthday!

PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Cat tickers

Count down to Winston's Birthday

PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers

Count down to Kizzy & Tika's Birthday

PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Cat tickers