Followers

Who is Smiling Pug?

My photo
Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
"I am a happy pug therefore.... I am a smiling pug"! My mum is called Smilingpug... after me! Because of her love of animals and nature, she is a Buddhist and a vegetarian (thank god). She is most inspired by the Dalai Lama. We live on the West Coast of Canada and I share my home with my two older feline sisters Tika and Kizzy and my NEW little brother Sam Cooper who... is all the way from MidSouth Pug Rescue in Tennessee!! I am 11 and I don't walk to well anymore, but that doesn't mean I don't get around! Welcome to my blog.

Follows Me on Facebook!

Feeling nosey? Sniff my Butt.

We support Midsouth Pug Rescue. Don't Shop, Adopt!

Monday, November 08, 2010

Poppy Day

Hi everypuggy and kitty

With Poppy day coming ups we made sure Mum gots us each one of these.
(What Mum.... oh it is Remembrance Day. Oh ok. )



Anyways .....
Here we are proudly wearing our Poppies. 




We hope yous are all proudly wearing your Poppy!

Pee S - just be carefuls the pins don't prick yous.

9 comments:

  1. Winston those poppies are just perfect! We hopes Dad has that day off to spend with us. We want to snuggle up with him!

    hugs
    S&P

    PS Extra hugs from Tuni!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You all look great & for a great reason.

    Nubbin wiggles,
    Oskar

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a poppy just like yours. And I put it on my navy blue jacket.
    Just like you said,,, wear it proudly, very good advise
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG...you just brought back a very cool memory for Mom! Her Grandpa (he was Canadian...born in Saskatchewan) used to make sure mom had a poppy for Remembrance Day every year! He used to tuck one behind her ear and his too!

    Weird...mom forgot all about that until she saw this pic! Thanks for the smile!!!!

    Love,
    S-Dog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Long and long ago my momma's momma was a poppy lady. She would go to Veteran's Hospitals with a basket full of poppies. She would dress up all pretty and at the end of the she would always be so proud to be the poppy lady who got the most donations! Poppy Day is a good day. It is a good day to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When Mommy and Daddy lived in Canada they always wore their poppies! But they don't have poppy pins here in the USA (or not like in Canada - we haven't seen any since we live here).

    Pug love from,
    Pearl & Daisy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What does it mean? Sorry my hoomins is kinda dumb....

    Licks,
    Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  8. We don't see the poppies here, but it's a nice tradition. Our mom is a veteran and is going to wear her medals to school tomorrow. Thank goodness for all our veterans.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We love your poppies!

    Daisy and I hope you are having
    a great week!

    -Dana & Daisy

    ReplyDelete

Count down until our Mum's Birthday!

PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Cat tickers

Count down to Winston's Birthday

PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers

Count down to Kizzy & Tika's Birthday

PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Cat tickers